Loyalty Programs and Millennial Moms: The Untapped Opportunity
Business Solutions Ninety percent of millennial moms turn to social media to share information about the products they buy.
Millenial moms represent a powerful, growing demographic segment of the United States and yet, 45 percent feel overlooked by retailers and feel like marketing campaigns aren't being geared towards them.
This is a huge wake up call for marketers who can seize this untapped opportunity.
Six things to know about the purchasing power of millennial moms
- Millennial moms have 3.4 social network accounts. Other moms are on only 2.6 social network accounts.
- Millennial moms spend 17.4 hours on social networks each week. All other moms spend 13.5 hours a week on social networks.
- Seventy four percent of millennial moms indicated those in their networks regularly seek opinoins before making a purchase decision.
- Ninety percent of millennial moms use social channels to share information on several key topics such as retail, apparel,and food and beverage.
- In the next five years, millennials will outspend Baby Boomers.
- Still, 45 percent of millennial moms feel like marketing campaigns aren’t geared towards them and feel overlooked by retailers.