Planning and coordinating any type of special event, conference, or incentive program can be stressful, time-consuming and incredibly demanding. The pressure is amplified if your event is taking place in a destination that you’re not familiar with, with vendors you’ve never used and venues you’ve never seen.
A destination-management Company (DMC) is a professional services business located in your destination that specializes in local expertise and resources. The DMC is a strategic partner to provide creative local solutions to event management, activities, transportation, entertainment and program logistics.
What to look for
DMC professionals provide a wide-range of services. They are solution-focused, creative, respectful of the budget and attentive to your program’s objectives and values. Their core competencies and services should include:
- Assistance with site inspection and venue selection
- Transportation design and unique modes of transportation, with an understanding of city requirements and permitting
- Creative design and decor
- Meaningful teambuilding and corporate social responsibility programs
- Conference children’s programs
- Guest tours, excursions, activity programs and VIP experiences
- Entertainment headliners and local talent
- Dine-arounds with local menu options
- Audio-visual, production and technology integration
- Program management with detailed schedule of services, pre-conference meetings, accessibility, staffing and vendor management
- Meeting services such as refreshments and specialized room set-ups
- Advance and on-site registration for housing services
- Emergency preparedness and risk management focus
- Knowledge of local laws and a relationship with law enforcement
DMC professionals take away unwarranted stress, provide flexibility in navigating the local destination and give planners peace-of-mind in knowing the meeting will be a success.