Terms and Conditions of Web Site Use
These terms and conditions (“the Terms”) govern your use of this Mediaplanet International AB (“Mediaplanet”) web site (“web site”). If accessing the web site you are agreeing to the Terms. Please read through the Terms carefully. If you do not agree with the Terms, cease using this web site. Mediaplanet, any of its business divisions and / or its subsidiaries, associate companies or subsidiaries to subsidiaries or such other investment companies (“associate entities”) reserve their respective rights to revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page periodically to re-appraise yourself of the Terms and Conditions. Mediaplanet shall not be liable if the content of this web site or any viewing of it by you is contrary to the laws applying in the place where you access it. If you have any doubt, you should cease using this web site.
Use of Content
All logos, brands, marks headings, labels, names, signatures, numerals, shapes or any combinations thereof, appearing on this site, except if otherwise noted, are properties either owned, or used under license, by Mediaplanet and / or its associate entities who feature on this website. The use of these properties or any other content on this site, except as provided in these terms and conditions or in the site content, is strictly prohibited. The contents of this web site may not be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, altered, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior express written permission of Mediaplanet. You may print or download to disk, at your own risk, the contents of an individual page of this web site for your legitimate dealings with us. You may make one electronically stored, transient copy of the content of this web site for the purpose of viewing it while connected to the Internet. Your use of this web site does not permit use of any logo, name service mark or trademark of Mediaplanet and / or its associate entities to this web site other than incidentally when viewing or downloading any of the content. If you are asked to supply information on any area of the web site, you must provide Mediaplanet with accurate, complete registration information and it is your responsibility to inform Mediaplanet of any changes to that information (including in particular your email address) by emailing [email protected]
Visitors are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the web site, including, without limitation, (1) accessing data not intended for such user or logging into a server or account which the user is not authorized to access, (2) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization, (3) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus or “Trojan horse” to the web site, overloading, “flooding”, “mail bombing” or “crashing”, or (4) sending unsolicited electronic mail, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. Mediaplanet and / or its associate
entities will have the right to investigate occurrences that they suspect as involving such violations and will have the right to involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations. Limitation of Mediaplanet’s liability
The information contained in the material in this web site is only for general information purposes and is not intended to address your particular requirements. While Mediplanet uses reasonable efforts to include accurate, complete and up-to-date information on this web site, Mediaplanet makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy, completeness or timeliness. Mediaplanet and / or its associate entities do not accept responsibility for any statement on the web site or any reliance on it.
To the extent permitted by law, Mediplanet excludes all warranties and conditions (expressed and implied) in respect of the web site content, the availability of the web site or any other warranty. Although Mediaplanet have taken appropriate action to protect the web site content, they do not guarantee that the web site [and any downloads] is free from viruses and /or other harmful content. You are advised to take your own precautions.
With the exception of death or personal injury caused by its negligence, Mediaplanet and / or its associate entities does not accept any liability for any loss or damage you incur by using the web site including but not limited to direct, indirect, actual, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages, lost income, revenue or profits, lost or damaged data or other commercial or economic loss, that result from your use of or inability to use this web site, even if Mediplanet and / or its associate entities has been advised of the possibility of such damages or such damages are foreseeable. By using this web site you agree that this limitation will apply to all content, products or services available through this web site (unless varied by terms specific to these products or services). In the event that the applicable law does not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability or damages, you agree that in no event shall Mediaplanet’s total liability to you for all damages, losses and causes of action of any kind exceed the amount, if any, you have paid Mediaplanet for any products or services purchased from this web site (unless varied by terms specific to these products or services).
Mediaplanet provides this web site and its contents on an “as is” basis. Save as expressly set out in the Terms or those terms specifically relating to any service or products supplied from this web site by Mediaplanet, Mediaplanet excludes all warranties, terms and conditions implied by statute or law, to the fullest extent allowed by law including, but not limited to, any warranty or condition of quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
The web site contains links to other web sites and may contain links to sites provided by independent third parties (“Third Party Sites”) either directly or through frames. Mediaplanet is not responsible for the availability or content of Third Party Sites and is not responsible for any transaction concerning goods or services available from such Third Party Sites. Mediaplanet provides links for your convenience only but does not necessarily endorse the material on these sites. Wherever such link/s lead to sites which do not belong to Mediplanet, Mediaplanet is not responsible for the content of linked sites and does not make any representations regarding the correctness or accuracy of the content on such Third Party Sites. If you decide to access such linked Third Party Sites, you do so at your own risk.
Similarly, this web site can be made accessible through a link created by other web sites. Access to this web site through such link/s shall not mean or be deemed to mean that the objectives, aims, purposes, ideas, concepts of such other web sites or their aim or purpose in establishing such link/s to this web site are necessarily the same or similar to the idea, concept, aim or purpose of this web site or that such links have been authorized by Mediaplanet and / or its associate entities. We are not responsible for any representation/s of such other web sites while affording such link and no liability can arise upon Mediaplanet and / or its associate entities consequent to such representation, its correctness or accuracy. In the event that any link/s afforded by any other web site/s derogatory in nature to the objectives, aims, purposes, ideas and concepts of this web site is utilized to visit this web site and such event is brought to the notice or is within the knowledge of Mediaplanet and / or its associate entities, civil or criminal remedies as may be appropriate may be invoked.
Use of this web site is subject to Swedish law.
This website and its content is copyright of Mediaplanet International AB – © Mediaplanet International AB 2020. All rights reserved.
Headings in these Terms are for convenience only and will have no legal meaning or effect.
Mediplanet International AB is a company registered in Sweden under number 556620-9002 whose registered office is Stockholms län, Stockholms kommun, Sweden
Thryv New Year Sweepstakes
1. ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY – VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. The Thryv New Year Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on 02/21/2022 and ends on 03/21/2022 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Open to legal residents of the Eligible States listed below, who are 21 years of age or older. Not eligible: Officers, directors, employees (including their immediate family members and those living in their household) of Thryv, Inc. (the “Sponsor” or “Thryv”), its respective parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, licensees, and advertising, digital, social and promotion agencies, prize suppliers, sales representatives, distributors, dealers, competitors, and other vendor companies (collectively, “Related Entities”) are not eligible. This Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. All decisions concerning who meets the eligibility requirements are reserved to Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects.
Eligible States: All eligible states and the District of Columbia.
2. HOW TO ENTER: You must submit an entry using the online form accessible via Sponsor’s Facebook page. To enter the Sweepstakes, a valid entry requires: (i) fulfill all requirements set forth in these Official Rules, as specified, to be eligible to win Sweepstakes; and (ii) provide all the information requested in the online form. Entries that are incomplete or entries that do not adhere to these Official Rules may be disqualified at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries submitted using any kind of bot or automated technology will be deleted. Limit one entry per person.
3. PRIZE REDEMPTION: Sweepstakes’ drawings will occur on or around March 31, 2022, from all eligible entries received by the drawing date. There will be one drawing from all eligible entries. A representative from Thryv/ Mastermind, Inc. will contact winner to verify eligibility and coordinate prize fulfillment.
Prize. One winner will be selected from all valid entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The prize includes a $500 Visa® Gift Card, one month free when signing up for Thryv (valued between $199-$499, terms and conditions apply), and Thryv swag including a book bag ($72), tumbler ($14), notebook ($5), charger ($15), and an author signed book ($30). The potential winner will be contacted via the registration information provided by the potential winner at the time of registration and will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility & release to be confirmed as the winner. If after 48 hours the winner cannot be reached, that potential winner will be determined void and an alternate winner may be selected. Sweepstakes prize random selection will be drawn on or around March 31, 2022. Approximate retail value of the prizes: $1,000.
4. PRIZES/ODDS: All prizes will be awarded as described in these Official Rules. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Winner will be selected by random drawing.
All taxes, costs, and expenses not set forth in these rules on any prize awarded are the responsibility of the winner. Limit one prize per person, address, or household. If you win a Prize Package, you will not remain eligible to win other prizes. Prizes will be awarded in the name indicated at the time of registration. The independent judging organization, Mastermind, Inc., reserves the right to disqualify anyone who it determines, in its sole discretion, is not eligible, violates the spirit of the Sweepstakes or acts in a manner which makes it unfair to other participants. All winners are subject to verification by Mastermind, Inc. Winners may make no substitution or transfer of prizes. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or lesser value in the event of unavailability. All federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winners. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. All potential winners must provide their social security or tax ID number to Sponsor in compliance with United States Internal Revenue Service regulations, as Sponsor will send a Form 1099-MISC to winner receiving a prize valued in excess of $600 (USD). Winner remains solely responsible for paying all federal and other taxes in accordance with the laws that apply in winner’s state of residence.
5. WINNER AFFIDAVIT: All winners must execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, and Prize Acceptance Form within the number of days indicated on the notification. Noncompliance within this time period may result in disqualification, and an alternate may be selected. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification, and an alternate will be selected. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its agencies to use winners’ names and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. In the event of a computer, production or other error that results in the establishment of more prizes than the number of prizes set forth in these Official Rules, a random drawing will be held from among those making otherwise valid prize claims to award the published number of prizes. Sponsor is not responsible for programming errors and other errors that affect the administration or play of the game and may create any remedy or fix of the game, including modification or cancellation, as necessary, in its sole discretion.
6. GENERAL: By participating, participants warrant that they are eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes, agree to accept and abide by the rules of this Sweepstakes, and agree that any dispute with regard to the conduct of this Sweepstakes, rule interpretation, or award of prizes shall be submitted to the independent judging organization, Mastermind, Inc., whose decisions are binding and final. Further, participant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Related Entities and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives from any injury, loss, liability, or damage arising from or in connection with the acceptance or use/misuse of any prize or participation in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the intended entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor also reserves the right to cancel the Sweepstakes at any time and under Sponsor’s sole judgment if the Sweepstakes becomes compromised. All trademarks and service marks used in these Official Rules belong to Thryv, Inc. or its licensors, except for those used to describe prizes or otherwise noted. If any provision of these Official Rules is to any extent held invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Official Rules shall not be affected but shall be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and Related Entities make no warranties regarding any of the prizes furnished as part of this Sweepstakes. Notwithstanding any other provision of these Official Rules, Sponsor’s aggregate liability hereunder and with respect to the Sweepstakes shall be limited to and shall not exceed the value of the prizes set forth above. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made; the Sponsor and Related Entities reserve the right to seek damages or other remedies from any such person(s) responsible for the attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law. By participating in the Sweepstakes, participant agrees that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (b) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with playing the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain any award for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses. In no event will Sponsor, Related Entities or their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents, be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of any participant’s access to and use of the Sweepstakes or Sweepstakes website, the downloading from and/or printing material downloaded from said site, or participation in the Sweepstakes or any associated event. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. Check local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions.
8. INTERNET: Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is a participant who tampers with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and select winners from the entries received prior to modification or termination if it deems appropriate, if for any reason, the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, whether due to infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any miscommunication, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, lost Internet/phone connection, technical failure of any kind, failed computer transmissions, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network, or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to the registrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. Caution: Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made; Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. SPONSOR: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Thryv, Inc. 2200 West Airfield Drive, P.O. Box 619810, DFW Airport, Texas, 75261.
10. ADMINISTRATOR: This Sweepstakes is administered and independently judged by Mastermind, Inc., 1450 W. Peachtree St. NW, Atlanta, GA 30309.
11. WINNERS LIST: For a list of prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Thryv Weekly Winner Sweepstakes, 1450 W. Peachtree St., Atlanta, GA, 30309. Requests must be received by 3/21/22 to be fulfilled.
 Visa is a registered trademark of Visa International Services Association.
Privacy Statement Mediaplanet Group
Privacy Statement Mediaplanet Group
Effective May 25, 2018
Your trust and privacy are important to us. This Privacy Statement explains how Mediaplanet´s group of companies (“MP Group,” “we”, “us” or “our”) collect, handle, store and protect personal information about you. Read more about who we are here. It also provides information about your rights and about how you can contact us if you have any questions about us or how we handle your personal information.
Who this applies to and what it covers
We may collect personal data electronically when you visit any website, application, including mobile application (“app”), product, software or service of ours (referred to as our “Services”) that hyperlinks to this Statement.
Depending on which of our Services are used, we may provide additional or different privacy statements or notices for specific interactions you have with us or to highlight how we use your personal data for specific Services. Where we do this, it will be clear which statements apply to which interactions and Services.
Within our Services, there may be links to third-party websites or applications. We are not responsible for the content or privacy compliance of third-party websites or applications. You should check those websites or applications for their privacy statements and terms that apply to them.
This Privacy Statement does not generally apply to individuals whose personal information forms part of the content included within our products.
Our products and services are not generally aimed at children under the age of thirteen (13). If we detect that personal data has been collected from a person under 13 years of age on or through our Services, we will take the appropriate steps to have this information deleted.
Who we are
MP Group is a global company consisting of numerous brands and legal entities. The legal entities are Mediaplanet Holding AB including all subsidiaries; N365 Group Holding AB, Appelberg Publishing Group AB and Mediaplanet International AB.
Sources of personal information
We collect personal information about you from your interactions with us and from certain third parties and other sources.
We obtain personal information from you:
- through your interactions with us and our Services, such as, when you purchase or use our Services, register for an event or a newsletter or you request information
- through your system/device and use of our Services. Our servers, logs and other technologies automatically collect system/device and usage information to help us administer, protect and improve our Services, analyse usage and improve users’ experience
- through cookies and similar technologies included on our Services. More information relating to cookies, and how to control their use can be found here, and information related to Interest-Based and Mobile Advertising can be found here
We also collect personal information about you from third parties such as:
- partners and service providers who work with us in relation to our Services
- publicly available sources such as public websites, open databases or other data in the public domain, to help us maintain data accuracy and provide and enhance our Services
What types of personal information we may collect
The type of personal information we collect depends on how you are interacting with us and which Services you are purchasing or using.
In many cases, you can choose whether or not to provide us with personal information, but if you choose not to, you may not receive full functionality from the Services.
The personal information we collect varies with the Service provided and may consist of the following:
- Name and contact data, such as; first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data
- User content, such as; communications and files provided by you in relation to your use of the Services
- Payment information, such as; payment card number (credit or debit card), and the security code associated with your payment instrument, if you make a payment
- Device information, such as; information about your device, such as IP address, location or provider
- Usage information and browsing history, such as; information about how you navigate within our Services, your browsing history and which elements of our Services you use the most
- Location data, for Services with location-enhanced features
- Demographic information, such as; your country, and preferred language
How we use personal information
This section includes details of the purposes for which we use personal information and also the different legal grounds upon which we process that personal data. We use personal information to provide and improve our Services and for other purposes that are in our legitimate interests, as well as for compliance purposes. Further information is set out below.
Some laws require us to explain our lawful reason for processing your personal information. We process personal information about you on the basis that it is:
- necessary for the performance of a contract: where we have a contract with you, we will process your personal information in order to fulfil that contract (i.e., to provide you with Services)
- in our or a third parties’ legitimate interests: details of those legitimate interests are set out in more detail below (e.g., provision of Services that we are contractually obliged by a third party, such as your employer or our subscriber, to deliver to you)
- where you give us your consent: we only ask for your consent in relation to specific uses of personal information where we need to and, if we need it, we will collect it separately and make it clear that we are asking for consent
- for compliance with a legal obligation (e.g., to respond to a court order or a regulator)
You are welcome to contact us for further information about the legal grounds that we rely on in relation to any specific processing of your personal information.
How we share personal information
We share personal information within MP Group, with our business partners and third-party service providers and in accordance with law. Our third-party service providers are not permitted to share or use personal information we make available to them for any purpose other than to provide services to us.
We share your information for the purposes set out in this Statement, with the following categories of recipients:
- MP Group Companies
- business partners with whom we deliver co-branded Services, provide content, or to host events, conferences and seminars
- third parties that help us deliver Services or act on our behalf
- third parties where we have a duty to or are permitted to disclose your personal information by law (e.g., government agencies, law enforcement, courts and other public authorities)
- third parties in order to participate in, or be the subject of, any sale, merger, acquisition, restructure, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), in which case we may disclose your personal data to prospective buyers, sellers, advisers or partners and your data may be a transferred asset in a business sale
- third parties where reasonably required to protect our rights, users, systems and Services (e.g., legal counsel and information security professionals)
- any person you have asked us to share information with (e.g., if you upload information into a public forum it is shared publicly)
To achieve the purposes above we may share your personal data with our sub-contractors for the necessary treatment on behalf of MP Group, in connection with, for example, printing, distribution and marketing. We might also process and transfer your data to other countries e.g. social networks and advertising networks.
For some Services we make decisions on how personal information is used in the context of a Service (MP Group is a controller of personal information in this case), and for other Services we will only use personal information as instructed by our customers (MP Group is a processor of personal information in this case).
MP Group is a global organisation and your personal information may be stored and processed outside of your home country, including in countries that may not offer the same level of protection for your personal information as your home country. We have measures in place to ensure that when your personal information is transferred internationally, it is subject to appropriate safeguards in accordance with data protection laws.
MP Group has networks, databases, servers and systems around the world. We collaborate with third-parties like cloud hosting services, suppliers and technology support located around the world to serve the needs of our business, workforce and customers. We take appropriate steps to ensure that personal information is processed, secured and transferred according to applicable law. In some cases, we may need to disclose or transfer your personal information within MP Group or to third parties in areas outside of your home country, including to countries that have not been declared adequate for the purposes of data protection by the European Commission.
When we transfer personal information internationally, we put in place safeguards in accordance with applicable law (including Articles 44 to 50 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation). If you would like to know more about our data transfer practices, please contact our Data Protection Manager.
Our legitimate interests to collect and process your data is to maintain good customer relations, improve our products and services, administer our relationship with you, for marketing and in order to exercise our rights and responsibilities. More detailed information about these legitimate interests is set out below:
- to administer our relationship with you, our business and our third-party providers (e.g., to send invoices)
- to deliver and suggest tailored content such as news, research, reports and business information. We analyse the way you use our Services to make suggestions to you for features or Services that we believe you will also be interested in, and so that we can make our Services more user-friendly
- to personalise your experience with our Services. We may retain your browsing and usage information to make your interactions within our Services more relevant and use those insights to target advertising to you online on our websites and apps. Your choices in relation to marketing and advertising are explained here. We may sometimes share your personal information across our Services so that we can make all of the Services we deliver to you more intuitive
- to contact you in relation to, and conduct, surveys or polls you choose to take part in and to analyse the data collected for market research purposes
- to display information you choose to post, share, upload or make available in chat rooms, messaging services, and community and event forums (including in community and event profiles) and for related collaboration, peer connection, games and information exchange
- for internal research and development purposes and to improve, test and enhance the features and functions of our Services
- to provide you with marketing as permitted by law
- to meet our internal and external audit requirements, including our information security obligations
- to enforce our terms and conditions
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety, networks and systems, or those of other persons
- for the prevention, detection or investigation of a crime or other breach of law or requirement, loss prevention or fraud
- to comply with requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, including where they are outside your country of residence
- in order to exercise our rights, and to defend ourselves from claims and to comply with laws and regulations that apply to us or third parties with whom we work
- in order to participate in, or be the subject of, any sale, merger, acquisition, restructure, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings)
Where we rely on legitimate interests as a lawful ground for processing your personal information, we balance those interests against your interests, fundamental rights and freedoms. For more information on how this balancing exercise has been carried out, please contact our Data Protection Manager.
How we store your data and for how long
Your personal data is stored and used for the time you are actively involved with MP Group and for some time after which you can take advantage of the benefits of being a registered user.
Your information will not be used otherwise than to provide you with information and services from MP Group or third parties approved by us.
We retain your information in accordance with our enterprise records retention schedule. You can find more information on the criteria used to calculate the retention periods set out below:
- the length of time necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for
- when you cease to use our Services
- the length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations
- any limitation periods within which claims might be made
- any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations
- the existence of any relevant proceedings
You may have rights under European and other laws to have access to your personal information and to ask us to rectify, erase and restrict use of your personal information. You may also have rights to object to your personal information being used, to ask for the transfer of personal information you have made available to us and to withdraw consent to the use of your personal information. Further information on how to exercise your rights is set out below.
We will honour your rights under applicable data protection laws. You have the following rights under European laws and may have similar rights under the laws of other countries:
- Right of subject access: The right to make a written request for details of your personal information and a copy of that personal information
- Right to rectification: The right to have inaccurate information about you corrected or removed
- Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’): The right to have certain personal information about you erased
- Right to restriction of processing: The right to request that your personal information is only used for restricted purposes
- Right to opt out of marketing: You can manage your marketing preferences by unsubscribe links found in the communications you receive from us or by visiting the applicable preference centre
- Right to object: The right to object to processing of your personal information in cases where our processing is based on the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or we have let you know the processing is necessary for our, or a third party’s, legitimate interests
- Right to data portability: The right to ask for the personal information you have made available to us to be transferred to you or a third party in machine-readable format
- Right to withdraw consent: The right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us to handle your personal information. If you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your personal information prior to the withdrawal of your consent
These rights are not absolute, and they do not always apply in all cases. In response to a request, we will ask you to verify your identity if we need to, and to provide information that helps us to understand your request better. If we do not comply with your request, whether in whole or in part, we will explain why.
Marketing and Advertising
We contact, deliver marketing and event communications to you across various platforms such as email, telephone, text messaging, direct mail and online. Where required by law, we will ask you to explicitly opt in to receive marketing from us. If we send you marketing communication, it will include instructions on how to opt out of receiving these communications in the future.
Honouring your marketing preferences is important to us. You always have the right to opt out of receiving direct marketing and targeted online advertising.
How to Opt Out of Email Marketing
Where we send marketing emails and newsletters, we provide unsubscribe options for your use within those emails. To update your email marketing preferences, please visit the applicable email preference centre, a link to which will normally be included in emails you receive from us. In addition, you can also use the “Contact Us” feature of a particular Service.
Even if you opt out of receiving marketing communications by email, we may still send you service communications or important transactional information related to your accounts and subscriptions (for purposes such as providing customer support).
How to Opt Out of Web Notifications
Where the Services provide the option to allow push notifications to receive updates through your web browser, you need to opt out by revoking/disabling the notifications through your browser’s settings. These vary by browser, we recommend you follow the help guides provided by the browser.
Interest-based advertising (IBA)
Interest-based advertising (IBA) allows us to deliver targeted advertising to users of our Services. IBA works by showing you advertisements, or sending you marketing emails, that are based on the type of content you access or read. For example, as you browse our Services, cookies are placed on your device, that will be advertising cookies, so we can better understand what sort of pages or content you are interested in. The information collected about your device enables us to group you with other devices that have shown similar interests. We can then display advertising to categories of users that is based on common interests. For more information about IBA, please visit:
Opting out of IBA
If you want to opt out of receiving IBA, it does not mean that you will no longer receive advertising when you are using our Services. It just means that we will not use your personal data for IBA and that any advertising you see will not be customised to you. You can exercise your online advertising choices at http://optout.aboutads.info or by clicking the AdChoices icon in an ad and by following the instructions. You may also opt out of receiving IBAs from many sites through the Network Advertising Initiative’s (NAI) Opt Out Tool (http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices) and in the EU at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/.
If you delete cookies, and use a different device, or change web browser, you may need to opt out again.
Advertising on mobile devices
Mobile devices have an identifier that gives companies the ability to serve targeted ads to a specific mobile device. In many cases, you can turn off mobile device ad tracking or you can reset the advertising identifier at any time within your mobile device privacy settings. Another tool you can use to control advertising on your mobile device is the AppChoices App: http://youradchoices.com/appchoices.
You may also choose to turn off location tracking on your mobile device. If you turn off ad tracking or location tracking, we will no longer use information collected from your device’s advertising identifier for the purposes of advertising. You may still see the same number of ads, but they may be less relevant because they will not be based on your interests. Where we need your consent to gather information about your location, we will obtain this from you.
Cookies and similar technologies
similar technologies to store and manage user preferences, deliver
targeted advertising, enable content, and gather analytic and usage
standard across websites and apps through which information is
collected about your online activities across applications, websites, or
technologies and how you can control and manage them is set out below.
What we need to collect
Data requested by your webbrowser
By analyzing the content your web browser requests, we can properly determine the correct content to serve you. Loaded Content
Content you open
By processing your requests, we provide a working experience by serve you images and text. Advertisements
We display ads for everyone, independent of who they are.
With your consent, we may also collect
Personalized Ad Data
Ads tailored to the articles you read, making them more relevant and interesting to you. Interactive Content
By integrating with external sources, we can provide interactive elements such as videos and audio from our own sources, and social networks. Social Media Interactions
Sharing and Caring
If we can interact with Facebook, Twitter and other sources we can easily allow you to share and discuss content with your friends.
What is a cookie and why we use them
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on a computer or other device and is used to identify the user or device and to collect information. Cookies are typically assigned to one of four categories, depending on their function and intended purpose: absolutely necessary cookies, performance cookies, functional cookies, and cookies for marketing purposes.
- Absolutely necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to move around a website and use its features. Without these cookies, Services you have asked for cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use our websites. Information collected includes, for example, the Internet browsers and operating systems used, the domain name of the website previously visited, the number of visits, average duration of visit, and pages viewed. These cookies only collect information in an aggregated format. Performance cookies are used to improve the user-friendliness of a website and enhance your experience.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as language preference, or the area or region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts, and other customizable parts of web pages. They may also be used to provide Services you have asked for, such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting and advertising cookies: These cookies track browsing habits and are used to deliver targeted (interest-based) advertising. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an ad and to measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations, such as advertisers.
You can manage website cookies in your browser settings, and you always have the choice to change these settings by accepting, rejecting, or deleting cookies. If you choose to change your settings, you may find that certain functions and features will not work as intended on the Services. All browser settings are slightly different, so to manage cookies, you should refer to the relevant settings within your browser.
We understand that you may want to know more about cookies. Here are some useful resources that provide detailed information about types of cookies, how they are used, and how you can manage your cookie preferences: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Please click below for detailed information on how to disable and delete cookies in some commonly used browsers:
We use certain other tracking technologies in addition to cookies:
- Local shared objects/Flash cookies: Flash cookies, also known as local shared objects, are designed to support browser content supported by Adobe® Flash. They are usually used to enable ads and video content on websites. Like other cookies, they will store information on your device, some of which will be specific to the Flash-enabled content. Flash cookies can only be deleted within Adobe Flash rather than via your browser. Please refer to the following help page for information on how to manage your privacy settings and how to delete Flash cookies:
- Web beacons: Our web pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons (also called single-pixel gifs and transparent graphic images) that we use to help deliver cookies on our sites, count users who have visited those sites, deliver our Services, and analyse the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, for example. We may also include web beacons in our marketing email messages or newsletters to determine whether an email is opened or if links are clicked. Web beacons are also used to deliver you interest-based advertising.
- Web server & application logs: Our servers
automatically collect certain information to help us administer and
protect our Services, analyse usage, and improve users’ experience. The
information collected includes:
- IP address and browser type
- Device information including Unique Device Identifier (UDID), MAC address, Identifier For Advertisers (IFA), and similar identifiers we or others may assign
- Device operating system and other technical facts
- The city, state, and country from which you access our website
- Pages visited and content viewed, stored, and purchased
- Information or text entered
- Links and buttons clicked
- URLs visited before and after you use our Services
“Do Not Track” Signals
Some browsers transmit Do Not Track (DNT) signals to websites. Due to the lack of a common interpretation of DNT signals throughout the industry, we do not currently alter, change, or respond to DNT requests or signals from these browsers. We continue to monitor industry activity in this area and reassess our DNT practices as necessary.
Some of our Services use browser technology in order to send you notifications. This is a technology that you opt-in to. This technology does not store any personal information about you. If you choose to opt-in to browser notifications, a setting is made in your browser that acknowledge that your browser is listening for notifications from those websites you have accepted notifications from and displays those notifications to you.
To opt-out, you revoke your opt-in setting in your browser settings. Depending on the browser, this setting can be found in different places.
Connecting via social networks
Some of our Services may include social networking features, such as the Facebook® “Like” button and widgets, “Share” buttons, and interactive mini-programs. Additionally, you may choose to use your own social networking logins from, for example, Facebook or LinkedIn®, to log into some of our Services.
If you choose to connect using a social networking or similar service, we may receive and store authentication information from that service to enable you to log in and other information that you may choose to share when you connect with these Services. These Services may collect information such as the web pages you visited and IP addresses, and may set cookies to enable features to function properly.
We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by these third parties. You should review the privacy statements or policies applicable to the third-party services you connect to, use, or access. If you do not want your personal information shared with your social media account provider or other users of the social media service, please do not connect your social media account with your account for the Services and do not participate in social sharing on the Services.
MP Group has implemented technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal data, such as traceability, disaster recovery, access limitations and policies and guidelines in order to ensure that employees only access personal data on a need-to-know basis.
Mediaplanet International AB
Att: Data Protection Manager
Birger Jarlsgatan 43
111 45 Stockholm, SwedenMP Group may from time to time update this Privacy Statement, and when updates occur, we will promptly post notice of this on our websites.